Friday, June 14, 2013

Week 1- MTC

It's so good to hear from you all! thank you so much for the pecans. seriously made my week. None of the elders in my room like them so i guess that's a good thing. more for me! And marcus, thanks for the reese's and prologue to that story. I'm super excited to see the rest of them. I showed the elders in my district and they thought it was awesome.  i'm going to apologize in advance for the grammar errors because i don't have enough time to backspace and fix them. anyway... the mtc is so great! I got out of the car, hugged jeff and kristen, and got a little sad. But just turned around and knew I was ready for whatever lied ahead of me! I was brought to class immediately and we got started. I didn't even have time to think ha. But my companion is awesome. He speaks a lot of spanish so i think that is truly a blessing. We've been practicing a lot together and it's so awesome. And We teach so well together! we are incredibly different so i thought it would hinder our performance together at first, but I tried my best to get along with him, and it turned out perfect! We role play a lot with different investigators (actors), but believe it or not you can still feel the power of the spirit working through you to open the heart of the investigator. I've realized very quickly that obedience is absolutely necessary in order to teach with the spirit. So no matter what I've committed to being obedient in every way I can. "obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience brings miracles." The mtc is summed up in a lot of studying and a lot of classes. I can't believe how fast i'm progressing. It truly is a witness to the idea that if you dedicate your time to the Lord, he will bless you. We got to listen to Elder Arnold of the seventy. It was so awesome. He was so powerful. The branch president's wife spoke in church the other day, and she quoted one of the coolest things i've ever heard. She was speaking about how sometimes past sins can creep up on you and make you feel unworthy of serving. Sins of course that have already been forgiven. She said, "When satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future." It sounds kinda harsh but it was so cool to hear! That's so awesome to hear that Lauren and her family are coming to dinner. That truly is a perfect missionary opportunity! I hope all goes well with that! Keep me updated. Oh the food is decent here. It's kinda hit or miss, but hey I always have my chocolate milk to rely on. I have 4-6 glasses every meal. My district thinks I'm crazy. Thank you so much everyone for the letters and packages, they truly brighten up my already awesome day! But keep em up!... love you all! can't wait to hear from you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment